LEWIS P. SCHULTZ

VFW POST 1486

SANDWICH, IL 60548


SERVING VETERANS SINCE 1934


About Us


Our post originated in 1934 in a old farm house back from the road with an old go cart track in the back.In 1997 post leaders made plans burn the old post due to it being a hazard, sold land for a new roller rink (now YMCA) and build a new building towards the front of the property with a memorial. The 1919 cannon, original at Veterans Park, sat between the railroad and railroad street. When the park was reduced and made into a parking lot the cannon was moving to the VFW.




This fall the post initiated a parking lot surfacing and expansion initiative. We welcome any donations to support this effort. Donations may be sent to:

LPS VFW Post 1486 Post Home

713 S. Main Street

Sandwich, IL 60548