1. Always put members first
2. Promote a positive image of veterans and the VFW
3. Ensure care of our veterans and their families
4. Promote patriotism
5. Respect the diversity of our veterans and their opinions
6. Honor military service and those who served before us
7. Serve our communities
8. Treat donors as partners
9. Join a post and find a place to call home
10. Enjoy the camaraderie
11. Continue to contribute to your community.
12. Your post needs you!
1. Contact the Post with your interest
2. Meet with the membership committee or its designee
3. Provide proof of eligibility
4. Complete all necessary paperwork
5. Submit the required fee
SERVING VETERANS SINCE 1934
LEWIS P. SCHULTZ
VFW POST 1486
SANDWICH, IL 60548
1. The committee will complete a review process of eligibility
2. The committee signs off of that they have validated the applicant's eligibility and submits the application to the membership chair.
3. The membership chair, the post's Jr. Vice Commander, will present the application to the membership for consideration at the next meeting
4. The post Quartermaster will submit your membership and fee to National VFW for membership. National will send your membership card and packet.
5. The post commander will send you confirmation and welcome letter to the post.
6. Start attending and get involved.